Emego (A trademark of GSPK Design Ltd) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Emego may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will let you know when we update this privacy statement to make sure you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018.
Who are we and why do we collect data?
We are Emego (A trademark of GSPK Design Ltd). We sell the Emego assistive switch which uses EMG technology to detect a user’s muscle movements and turn them into switches. This is a solution for people with very severe disabilities to use switch access control. We collect data for several reasons:
- For internal record keeping
- We may send out promotional marketing messages (using MailChimp) using the e-mail address you have provided and only if you have given us consent through our website.
- To accurately quote clients using our bespoke QMS (Quality Management System) system. This system allows our company to work harmoniously with our various departments from initial sales leads to dispatching product out the door.
- We may also use collected data for Marketing research purposes conducted through e-mails, mailings or phone calls using only the data you provide us. This helps us better engage with our clients and adapt our business practices.
How long do we keep data and who receives it?
There is no specific date in which we hold data for. You can be removed from our records at any time you wish by simply getting in touch with us. The data is used and can be seen by a select few people across our business only who all report directly to the Managing Director.
What data do we collect?
- Name and Job Title
- Contact information including email address and Phone Number
- Demographic information such as address and postcode
How do we keep your data secure?
Emego is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree by using our website, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
We use websites such as Google Analytics to evaluate traffic on our website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will inform you immediately of any unauthorised data breaches. Rest assured security measures are in place to stop this from happening.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time getting n touch with us by emailing: email@example.com
Please note, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please get in touch via e-mail or write to Managing Director, GSPK Design, Manse Lane, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, HG5 8LF.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.